Market Row Botanical Rum is Hiring!
Looking to move out of bar work into a Brand Ambassador role but don’t have any sales experience as of yet? This could be the job just for you!
Market Row is a blend of some of the finest rums from Jamaica, Barbados and the Dominican Republic, redistilled with botanicals from the market right here in Brixton, London. We’re looking for someone young and energetic, with a huge passion for rum to join the team at Market Row as an intern for the summer. The ideal candidate will be confident and well-spoken, with experience of working in the London bar trade (preferably South London) and a good understanding of the rum category and its history (training will also be provided). Basic Microsoft Office and admin skills preferred but not essential.
You will be working 1 day a week with our Brand Ambassador, Mikey, and 2-3 days a week on your own out in the on-trade so self-organisation skills are key.
This is primarily a sales-focused role so candidates will need to be comfortable speaking to clients and customers and in front of crowds. Once again training will be offered.
Depending on your success in the internship this could lead to a full-time position at the end of the summer.
This should be a really fun and interesting position for someone looking to get into drink sales. If interested please e-mail your CV with a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and your experience in the on-trade to email@example.com. Key information about the role below:
- Basic Rum Training – History, fermentation and distillation methods, the different categories and flavour profiles.
- Distillation Process – the process of redistilling, the rums and their journey, the botanicals and their influence on the rums.
- Sales Training
- Social Media and Marketing Training
- Events Training
Scope of role
- Act as a Market Row Brand Ambassador securing additional distribution points for the brand in the South London area
- Support Mikey in brand activations and events around the south London on and off-trade
- Support our agency in increasing our social media presence
- Support the team in the distilling and production of the finished product
- Dynamic, positive with a can-do attitude
- Love of rum
- Knowledge of the on-trade, the community and the area
- £10ph + commission
- average of 24 hours per week (3 – 4 days per week)
- 12-16 weeks